ICA news

30 September 2013
The Norwegian Competition Authority has suspended cooperation between ICA Norway and Norgesgruppen on joint sourcing and distribution until January 10th, 2014. Initial cooperation took effect in April On April 1st this year, the agreement between ICA Norway and Norgesgruppen’s wholesale company, Asko took effect. This allowed ICA to supply its existing network of c.600 Norwegian stores more c...
27 September 2013
Sweden’s biggest grocery retailer, ICA, plans to open ten new ICA To Go stores over the next two years, as well as implementing the concept at existing ICA stores. Expansion plan follows successful pilot ICA To Go has been piloted in four stores Stockholm for over three years. The pilot has been praised by customers for offering a wide range of healthy food at reasonable prices. Wide range...
22 August 2013
Sweden-based ICA has announced its Q2 results for the three month period ending June 2013, saying that it generated sales worth SEK25bn during the timeframe. Some markets performed better than others In the second quarter, ICA reported that total sales had risen by 2.4% excluding the sold ICA Maxi stores in Norway and adjusted for currency fluctuations. In its home market the retaile...
19 June 2013
Reitangruppen could be poised to take over ICA’s stores in northern Norway, according to press reports. Transaction involves 108 stores in the north Ealier in the year, ICA entered into an agreement with Norgesgruppen in order to improve its commercial advantage in the market. However, the deal is pending a decision from the Competition Authority. If the deal is not given permission f...
29 April 2013
Sweden-based ICA has announced first quarter results for the three month period ending March 2013, saying that it generated sales worth SEK23.1 billion (US$3.5 billion) during the timeframe. Mixed performance across markets ICA reported that total sales had fallen by 1% during the three month period, but this performance hid differences between countries. Also, the retailer noted that when ...
14 February 2013
ICA reports mixed results across markets, but delivered healthy growth and a strong profit performance in 2012. "A successful year" Full year sales totalled SEK 96.9m, up 1.8% on 2011, +4.2% at constant exchange rates and adjusted for the divestment of ICA Maxi stores in Norway . It also delivered strong operating profit performance of SEK 192m, growth of 11.9%. Commenting on the results,...
11 February 2013
After announcing in September 2012 that it was exploring strategic options for its 60% stake in ICA, Ahold has announced that it will sell its stake in the business to Hakon Invest, which owns the remaining 40% in ICA. Sale to generate strong returns for Ahold Ahold said that the sale would generate SEK21.2 billion in cash, which includes ICA’s 2012 dividend of SEK1.2 billion. The company d...
11 February 2013
At IGD we keep a close eye on innovation and developments in our  industry.  Here are our latest top picks from around the world.  McCain multi-sensory bus stop ads When McCain launched its new Ready Baked Jackets, it created 3D bus stop adverts containing heating elements. As people activated them, they released  the smell of slow-baked jacket potatoes. The posters were located at bus  shel...
17 January 2013
Sales at Scandinavian retailer ICA grew by a modest 0.3% in Q4, with net revenues of SEK 25m in the period. Adjusted for the divested Norwegian ICA Maxi stores, reported figures show growth of 3.6%. Full year performance Year-on-year revenues at Ahold affiliated ICA grew by 1.8% to 96.9m SEK in 2012. Adjusted figures allowing for the disposal of ICA Maxi stores in Norway  show growth of ...
14 January 2013
In a major strategic move, ICA Norway has entered into an agreement with Norgesgruppen, aiming to improve its commercial advantage in the market. Coordinated sourcing and distribution The cooperation with Norgesgruppen will take effect from April 1, 2013, and coordinates distribution and logistics between ICA Norway and Norgesgruppen’s wholesale company, Asko. The changes, which will come i...