Dairy Farm news

21 February 2018
The latest store from Cold Storage in Singapore features a huge ready to eat section, a wine-tasting bar and rooms available for booking in store. An innovative concept: work-friendly supermarket The supermarket is in Fusionopolis, a business park that integrates living and retail activities. It is a major hub for media, science, research and technological development. With two meeting room...
13 February 2018
Dairy Farm has increased its ownership of Cebu-based drugstore chain Rose Pharmacy from 49% to 51%. Through Mulgrave Corporation... Amsterdam-based Mulgrave Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dairy Farm, is now the majority owner of Rose Pharmacy, after receiving approval from the Philippine Board of Investments (BOI). Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed. Rose Pharm...
25 January 2018
7-Eleven in Hong Kong has launched a new coffee, tailored to on-the-go consumers desiring fresh coffee at reasonable prices. We review this latest initiative and potential impact on the market. No-frills coffee on the go Dairy Farm is introducing a new 100% Arabica coffee blend in its 7-Eleven Daily Cafe kiosks in Hong Kong. Stores will also have coffee machines from Switzerland, with coffe...
15 November 2017
The retailer has reported improvement in Health and Beauty, Home Furnishings, Restaurants and Yonghui, however, the food division saw lower sales in the quarter. Performance of key business units The hypermarket and supermarket operations in Southeast Asia are still going through difficulties in trading, while the results from Greater China showed improvement over the same period last year....
11 October 2017
With 80 new store openings, 7-Eleven will counter the impact from its closures at all Shell stations. Expansion plans on track this year With the termination of its deal with Shell, 7-Eleven will close 54 forecourt stores by early 2018. In preparation for this, the retailer already has 30 new store openings planned to occur before the end of 2017, and another 50 planned for 2018. As of Octo...
03 October 2017
Shell Singapore has announced that it will end its 11-year partnership with 7-Eleven. The moved started with the launch Shell Select store at Tampines Avenue 2 in June. Commitment to grow retail business The plan is for a national revamp to take place in phases, with the introduction of Shell Select and Deli by Shell. Shell currently has 57 stations, a decline from 74 in 2003. The shrinkage...
04 August 2017
Dairy Farm has reported solid profit growth in the first half despite lower sales in its supermarkets and hypermarkets. Supermarket and hypermarket sales declined 3 per cent Total sales, including associates and joint ventures, were 3 per cent higher at US$10.4bn. The underlying net profit was US$211m , up 6 per cent. Supermarket and hypermarket sales declined 3 per cent at constant exch...
31 July 2017
Yonghui has achieved total revenue of CNY 28.3bn (US$4.2bn), an increase of 15.49% and consolidated net profit of CNY1.1bn(US$160m), an increase of 57.57% in the first half of 2017. Continuous store expansion Yonghui opened 35 new stores (excluding membership stores, Super Species, and Yonghui Select), and has signed 54 new sites. Total operating area has reached 4.5136 million square meter...
31 July 2017
Sales in the Food business declined by 6% to IRD 5,879 bn (US$441m) , but the non-Food businesses, grew 12% to IDR 1,045bn (US$78m). Gross profit was up 3%. Initiatives to increase sales in Food In the Food business, the Company rolled-out an everyday low price initiative to provide better value to customers which has started to deliver an improvement in sales. Further initiatives to increa...
06 July 2017
Started as a large format operator, Yonghui, a leading Chinese retailer, has been rolling out new and smaller formats to stay competitive. O2O member experience stores This was Yonghui's first experiment with smaller formats in 2015. The retailer launched its first outlet under this banner in Shanghai and now has more than 30 stores and aims to roll out even further. Positioned as a communi...