Sainsbury’s has introduced a dedicated bay to display innovative products from its Future Brands scheme into many of its larger stores.
New bay to showcase innovative products
Source: IGD Research
The new "Taste of the Future section" will trial a range of new distinctive and innovative brands from start-up suppliers. Example products incldue Sea Chips, the UK’s first handcrafted salmon skin crisps and Bootleg Booch, the first alcoholic kombucha. In total, the bay will showcase 30 products and it will be installed at 69 stores nationwide over the next 14 weeks.
Broadening Sainsbury's appeal
The introduction of the bay follows last year's launch of the Future Brands programme, designed to support small and innovative suppliers with the potential to make Sainsbury's offer more distinctive. The initiative also fits into Sainsbury's drive to make its offer more relevant to younger shoppers and changing food preferences.
Rachel Eyre, Head of Future Brands at Sainsbury’s, commented: “At Sainsbury’s we want to offer our customers the most innovative and interesting products around. Having been in business for 150 years, we are always looking to the future and thinking about what will be next on the nation’s shopping lists. We’re dedicated to helping our customers test and trial new innovations in the grocery space, and can’t wait to hear what they think of these options.”
- Sea Chips, the UK’s first handcrafted salmon skin crisps, made using the often wasted nutrient packed skin
- Doctor Seaweed's Weed & Wonderful, seaweed sustainably wild harvested in the pristine Scottish Outer Hebrides and incorporated into
stunning culinary infused oils
- Bootleg Booch, the UK’s first authentically crafted alcoholic kombucha. Offered in two refreshing blends - Pink Lady Apple and
- Aduna, an Africa-inspired food brand which include teas and powders
- Boundless, a snack range which blends seeds and nuts;
- Feed, a French smart food company that develops balanced meals for vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free diets
- Made for Drink, a range of premium bar snacks such as Chorizo Thins and Mangalitza Salami Chips
- Nibble Brownie Bites, a range of innovative, lower sugar vegan brownies
- Prime Bar, a protein bar made using the best quality grass-fed British beef blended with fruits, herbs and spices and slow cooked
over five hours
- Smith & Sinclair, a range of Alcoholic Cocktail Gummies and drink flavours;
- Tea Rex, a revolutionary fruit infusion made of just fresh, never dried, finely chopped fruits and roots
Sainsbury's will announces its Q1 results on July 3rd.