Czech Republic news

19 June 2018
Ahold Delhaize has made a series of new appointments. We outline these and consider recent contributions these colleagues and their teams have made to the wider Ahold Delhaize business. Marit van Egmond, Jan-Derek Groenendaal and Saskia Egas Reparaz promoted These include the appointment of: Marit van Egmond as EVP Commerce at Albert Heijn Jan-Derek Groenendaal as being responsi...
15 June 2018
Iceland has reported an 8% increase in sales YOY with the expansion of its Food Warehouse banner driving growth. These latest financial results for the 53 weeks ended 30 March 2018 saw an increase in like-for-like sales also. Headline results: Sales up 8.0% to £3.016bn (LY: £2.792bn) Like-for-like sales up 2.3% (LY 2.0%) Adjusted EBITDA down 1.8% to £157.1m (LY £160.0) 23 new ...
09 May 2018
Ahold Delhaize has reported its 2018 Q1 results, with net sales increasing by 2.5% at constant exchange rates to €14.9bn. Net income increased by 15% to €407m. USA: growth of 2.1% to €8.8bn In the USA, which accounts for around 60% of total turnover, Ahold Delhaize net sales increased by 2.1% at constant exchange rates to €8.8bn. During this period, comparable sales grew across banners , e...
04 May 2018
Schwarz Group has reported a strong sales grow of 7.4% to EUR96.9 bn in the financial year 2017/2018 driven by the performance of Lidl. Lidl’s revenue grew by 8.8% to EUR74.6 bn, while Kaufland’s sales grew by 3.0% to EUR22.3 bn. The Group has continued its steady store opening plan with 276 new outlets and closed the year with 11,730 stores. In Germany, Lidl operated 3,200 stores and Kaufland...
11 April 2018
Tesco Central Europe (CE) reported signifcantly improved profits in full year 2017/18 results, driven by effective cost saving intitatives, but at the expense of marginal sales growth. Headline results Tesco Central Europe (CE) sales decline by 1.6% at constant exchange rate with closure of unprofitable stores CE 0.3% like-for-like sales growth offset by growth in food of 1.2% and con...
15 January 2018
Belgium-based Delhaize has announced a series of changes to its executive committee. From today, the committee is as follows   'Xavier Piesvaux - CEO Delhaize Françoise Burlet - Senior Vice President Customer Operations Marc Debussche - Senior Vice President Product, Quality, Marketing & Store Concept Kris Van Strydonck - Senior Vice President Strategy, Network Development...
11 January 2018
Tesco Central Europe (CE) reported encouraging new trading data. LFL sales increased by 0.8% in Q3 and by 0.2% in the following six weeks to 6 January. Total sales at constant exchange rates were however slightly down 1.0% for the 19-week period. Poland’s return to like-for-like growth boosts CE results Ongoing improvements in Tesco’s customer offer and fresh food sales, which was attribute...
09 November 2017
We bring you the latest news from Metro Group across the globe. 120 stores to open in Russia Metro plans to open 120 stores in the Krasnodar region, under the banner Fasol. This is set to happen over the next two to three years and the first store has already been opened in the village of Vyselki. Products sold in-store are sourced locally where possible. To date, there are more than 260 st...
08 November 2017
Ahold Delhaize has released its Q3 results, reporting that pro forma net sales at constant exchange rates increased by 2.1% to €15.1bn. Meanwhile, ‘income from continuing operations was €362m, €127m higher than last year’ . Net sales driven by Netherlands, Delhaize America and CSE division The Netherlands continued to drive performance, with pro forma net sales up 4.1% to €3.1bn , whil...
20 October 2017
Metro Group has reported that its sales for financial year 2016/2017 have increased by 1.6%, to €37.1bn. Steady performance following demerger On a like for like basis, sales were up 0.5% for the year. Q4 saw total sales increase by 0.7%, with like for like sales for Metro wholesale and Real increasing by 0.5% in the quarter. The rise was offset by currency effects, with sales in local cu...