We round up the latest developments leading to the 11.11, the largest online Global Shopping Festival.
Highlights from 1 - 3 November
- The first parcel was delivered within 11 minutes to a customer in Wuhou District in Chengdu
- 100 brands topped gross merchandise volume of CNY100m in 111 minutes after sales officially began. They include Nike, Adidas, Apple, L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Xiaomi and Haier
- 16 brands selling computers, communications and consumer electronics saw sales reach CNY100m during the first hour of activity on Nov. 1
- Alibaba’s cross-border e-commerce platform, Kaola, featured 300 livestreaming sessions
- Just 40 minutes into Nov. 1 sales, beauty products generated over RMB10 billion in GMV, and within the first hour, exceeded 150% year-over-year sales growth
11.11 activity and participation outside China also strong
Lazada, which trades in six markets in Southeast Asia is featuring more than 350,000 participating brands and merchants. It is offering over 200m deals and more than 700m vouchers with free shipping on select products. Delivery volume is expected to surge by 30 times.
AliExpress, Alibaba global retail online marketplace, is offering real-time livestreaming translation service on the platform. Using this feature, viewers can read translated captions of what livestreamers are saying in real time. Compared to last year, it anticipates three times more participating merchants outside China and global consumers from over 200 countries.
Pakistan-based online shopping platform, Daraz, is featuring more than 1,800 global and domestic brands this year. It expects to attract around 7m users during the 24-hour 11.11 event.
Read more about Alibaba's latest news, including updates on Singles' Day here.